Jesus & Mary College About
Jesus and Mary College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi, was founded in 1968 by the Congregation of the Religious of Jesus and Mary, a religious congregation founded by Saint Claudine Thevenet in Lyons (France) in 1818.
The aim of Jesus and Mary College is to make God known and loved by means of Christian education, in all social milieux with the preference which St. Claudine Thevenet had for the young, and among these for the poor. The College, therefore offers an integrated, all round education, one that is intellectual, cultural, social, emotional, physical, aesthetic, moral and spiritual.
JMC, partnerning in the Vision of Christ, makes its contribution to the creation of a just, humane and inclusive society on earth through providing transformative education.
We accompany and mentor our students so that they develop as women of competence, compassion and conscience, and empowered with ignited minds and hearts, pursue the goal of transformation of our society.
- Enable our students to realize their potential and self worth so that they evolve as leaders and transforming agents who make a significant contribution in all spheres of national and global life
- In the knowledge society that is evolving, nurture a community of learners motivated by a quest for academic excellence.
- Equip our students with the latest technological and soft skills as well as other learning resources available, so that they have the confidence to cope with the emerging demands of a digitalised world
- In pursuit of an inclusive development model, create and maintain an institutional ethos for multi-cultural thinking, freedom to learn, experiment, question, innovate by developing critical and cognitive faculties
- As a leading liberal arts College, to emerge as a path-breaker nationally and globally in the realm of education
- Mutual trust, team work, promotion of social capital, easy sharing of knowledge, skills and resources to create a vibrant society.
- We appreciate, respect and promote the perspectives, rights and dignity of each individual.
Jesus & Mary College Undergraduate Courses
- B.A. (Hons) Economics
- B.A. (Hons) English
- B.A. (Hons) Hindi
- B.A. (Hons) History
- B.A. (Hons) Political Science
- B.A. (Hons) Psychology
- B.A. (Hons) Sociology
- B.A. Programme
- B.Com. (Hons)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
Jesus & Mary College Postgraduate Courses
- M.A. English
- M.A. Hindi
Jesus & Mary College Certificate/Diploma/Others
- Advanced Diploma French
- Diploma French Language
- Certificate Course French Language
- Advanced Diploma Russian Language
- Diploma Russian language
- Certificate Course Russian Language
- Advanced Diploma Spanish
- Certificate Course Spanish Language
- Diploma Spanish Language