Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology about
An Autonomous Institution under Govt. of NCT of Delhi and affiliated to University of Delhi, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology is a seat of higher technical education in India. It was established in the year 1983 as Delhi Institute of Technology with the objective of meeting the growing demands of manpower in the emerging fields of engineering and technology with a close social and industrial interface. Over a period of time, the institute has carved a niche for itself, both nationally and internationally, for excellence in technical education and research.
The institute has grown leaps and bounds since its inception, both in size and in the scope of its activities. The overall academic environment in the institution is highly conducive for achieving excellence in education and research. It has been consistently ranked as one of the top engineering colleges in India and has featured prominently in various national level surveys conducted by reputed professional and trade magazines.
To be a world class institution through excellence in technical education, research and technology transfer.
- To promote Undergraduate and Postgraduate Education, Continuing Education, Training and Research in Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management Science, Humanities and Social Sciences with multi-level entry
- To be an Institute of Co-operative Programs of Education with Industries and R&D Organizations for offering tailor-made courses
- To become a Research Institution with a focus on “Technology Transfer”
- To support a Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Park to nucleate the “Technology Transfer” programs
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Undergraduate Programmes
NSIT offers following branches B.E. Programmes at the Undergraduate Level:
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Engineering
- B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.E. in Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Technology
- B.E. in Bio-Technology
NSIT Delhi has been admitting students to its undergraduate programmes on the basis of marks obtained by them in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) – MAIN, which is been conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year.
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Post-Graduate Programmes
At the Post-Graduate(M.Tech.) level NSIT has the following programs:
- M.Tech. in Signal Processing
- M.Tech. in Information Systems
- M.Tech. in Process Control
NSIT Delhi has admitted students to its postgraduate programmes on the basis of of GATE Score only amongst the candidates registered online for the admission, through screening committee and selection committee. The final selection of the candidates for Sponsored (Full-Time) and Part-Time course shall be made by the Selection Committee on the basis of their performance at the qualifying examination, written test and interview.. The intake of students to these postgraduate programmes is 23 each.
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Ph.D degree Programmes
The Institute offers Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programmes in following fields:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Humanities and Social Sciences