Kalka Institute for Research & Advanced Studies About-:
Kalka Institute for Research and advanced studies (KIRAS), New Delhi was set up in the year 2000 to impart professional excellence in the field of Information System and Teacher ERducation affiliated to Gruru Godinvd Singh indrapratha university, Dwarka, New Delhi.
At present it is offering full – time 1-year B. Ed Programe (To be revised according to the university Norms) and 3-year BCA Programme.
Distinctive Features of KIRAS
- Teacher Student Ratio 1:15 to provide individual attention.
- Well stocked Library.
- An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute
- Career Counseling, Personality Development and Guidance Centre.
- Training and Placement Centre (100% Assistance).
- State-of-Art Computer centre equipped with 24 hour Internet Facility.
- Well researched study material and innovative teaching methodology.
- Quizzing, Debate and Audio-Visual room.
- A state-of-the- art Auditorium with more than 1200 seating capacity. Equipped with the latest sound system, LCD Projection equipment’s and all other facilities for conducting seminars/conferences and events of international Standards.
- Large playgrounds for all games, physical training, sports.
- Health Clubs, Swimming Pool, Billiards.
- Hygienic boarding for Boys and Girls, Nutritious Food
- 100% Pass Results.
Kalka Institute for Research & Advanced Studies Courses -:
Bachelor of Education (B. Ed)
The Bachelor of Education Programme, generally known as B. Ed , is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper Primary or middle level (Classes VI-VIII), secondary level (Classes IX-X) and senior secondary level (Classes XI-XII)
Duration and working Days
The B. ED programme shall be of a duration of two academic years (Vide NCTE, notification, New Delhi
28th November 2014), which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission to the programme.
- There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
- The Minimum attendance of student – teachers shall have to be 80% for all course work and practicum and 90% for school internship.
Eligibility, Admission procedure and Fees
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social science/ Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and mathematics with 55% Marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Govt./State Govt.,whichever is applicable.
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and/ or in the entrance examination or any other selection process as per the policy of the State Govt./ U.T. Administration and the university.
The fee structure shall be as prescribed by the Affiliating Body/State Govt. concerned in accordance with provisions of National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) ( Guidelines for regulations of tuitions fees and other fees chargeable by unaided teacher education institution) Regulations 2002, as amended from time to time.
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
Kalka Institute for Research and Advanced Studies(KIRAS) was set up by Kalka Educational Society to impart professional excellence in the field of information system. It is affiliated to GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTA UNIVERSITY, DELHI(GGSIPU). At present KIRAS is offering full time 3-years BCA programme.
The Institute organizes seminars, symposiums and lectures of eminent corporate executives / academicians from time to time on current topics for the benefits of its students.
KIRAS would set up placement cell with the purpose of providing assistance and guidance to the students in achieving employment in the industry as well as industrial training summer vacations. The cell would prepare student directory which would profile the students and would serve the purpose of the liasoning with representative of the leading banks, financial institutions, private and public sector enterprises to facilitate and assist its students in proper placements.
In the fast changing economic scenario, the opening for candidates holding information systems qualification are ample and that too rewarding. KIRAS trains its students to meet the needs of the industry through latest techniques and practical training in reputed organizations and assist them to seek a meaningful career in industries / Companies and private sector, and Consultancy. There are opportunities available to pursue MCA, M.Tech or Ph.D. in India or elsewhere abroad.
The institute has one of the best infrastructure for games and sports both outdoor as well as indoor. It has Basketball, Badminton courts, facility for Lawn Tennis, Hockey and Swimming equipped with flood lights.
The students are encouraged to participate in wide range of extracurricular activities, which are organized by the institute as well as by the departments of Computer Applications and Information Technology. KIRAS organizes Group discussions, Quizzes, Seminars and Industrial Tours, Field trips for its students to visit manufacturing plants, commercial/ service establishments to promote interaction with the professional world.