College of Vocational Studies About
The College Of Vocational Studies, a maintained institution of Delhi University, was founded in 1972. It makes a small beginning in a great change in the field of higher education making it more meaningful and diversified. Through this experiment, we seek to break new ground by bridging the gap between static university education and the social environment.
THE COLLEGE – AN INTRODUCTION
The College of Vocational Studies, a co-educational college, is a University of Delhi maintained institution of higher learning. It was founded in 1972. It is among the poineer institutions in the country to offer vocational education, bridging gap between traditional university education and the changing socio-economic environment. In addition to vocational courses the college is also offerring an opportunity to the students to study Honours Courses in Commerce, Economics, History, Business Economics and Computer Science.
AIMS OF THE VOCATIONAL STUDIES
(1) To successfully interweave general education with work-oriented skills & knowledge.
(2) The Programme enables a graduate to acquire intellectual skills, knowledge in a vocational field
as well as other complementary inter-disciplinary subjects that give the student an advantage in
her/his chosen vocation.
(3) The Programme incorporates knowledge of computers, software applications and communication
skills that is a basic eligibility criteria for any kind of job in industry today.
(4) The Programme will provide students a meaningful and con-temporary education. The curriculum
has been restructured in response to the changing environment and reflects current issues and
College of Vocational Studies Undergraduate Courses
- B.A. Vocational Studies
- B.Com. (Hons)
- B.A. (Hons) Economics
- B.A. (Hons) Business Economics (BBE)
- B.A. (Hons) History
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
College of Vocational Studies Certificate/Diploma/Others
- Certificate Course French Language
- Certificate Course German Language
- P.G. Diploma Tourism
- P.G. Diploma Book Publishing