Lakshmi Bai Batra College of Nursing About-:
LAKSHMI BAI BATRA COLLEGE OF NURSING
Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre was established in 1987 by Ch. Aishi Ram Batra Charitable Turst with a vision to provide well balanced and cost effective health services. Nursing .is an integral part of health care services. Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre set up Smt. Lakshmi Bai Batra School of Nursing also in the same year offering General Nursing & Midwifery a Diploma Programme of 3 year duration, duly recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC). Lakshmi Bai Batra School of Nursing also in was upgraded to collegiate Programme of B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing of s4 year 2004 which is affiliated to GGSIP, University and recognized by Indian Nursing Council and Delhi Nursing Council (DNC)
Philosophy of College
- The college philosophy focuses on training of professional nurses to meet the challenges on health care delivery and inculcating the mental framework in students for continued personal & professional growth.
Objectives of the College
- To provide training for preparing nurses at basic as well as advanced levels who would be able to work in various health care settings & contribute to the preventive, promotive & restorative aspects of health.
- To equip students to become effective professional nurses, as members of health care team, to meet the emerging health needs to the society.
- To enable student develop as an individual so that she assumes responsibility for self directed learning and professional growth.
- To strive to maintain excellence in nursing education.
L.B.B. College of Nursing takes its pride to be the first College of Nursing in private sector in Delhi as well as of G.G.S.I.P University offering Bachelor of Science (Hons) in nursing, a 4 year duration professional degree programme. six batches of students have graduated and have done the college proud by achieving academic excellence.
L.B.B. College of Nursing has qualified and experienced full time nursing faculty, which provides the right mix of theoretical inputs and practical & clinical experience. College also engages part time visiting faculty for other allied courses. Teacher student ratio is maintained as per INC/GGSIP University norms. Efficient technical and Secretarial staff supports the faculty.
Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre is built on 12 acres of land. LBB College of Nursing campus is built on plot of land measuring 1.23 acres. It is a unitary 3 storied building comprising of the following infrastructure.
5 equipped with projection facility.
- Library- Well equipped with latest books in all nursing & Allied subjects and also journals both National and International.
- Laboratories- 5 well equipped laboratories, Fundamental of nursing, Nutrition, Biochemistry & Microbiology, M.C.H & C.H Nsg.
- A.V. Aids Lab- Well equipped with A.V. and other teaching Aids
- Computer Lab- Well Equipped with internet facility
- Auditorium- State of the Art Auditorium with seating capacity of about 200 Persons.
- Hostel- Well furnished two hostel to accommodate 2 students per room (Old) & 4 student per room (New)
- Canteen & Bank- Canteen and Bank facilities are available on the campus.
Batra Hospital & Medical Research Center is a 500 bedded multi Super-specialties Hospital where Students receive the clinical experience. College seeks affiliation with other institutions like VIMHANS, IBHAS, RFTC Najafgarh, PHC Mehrauli, Kalawati Saran Children Hospital & E.S.I Hospital okhla etc. for clinical experience in Mental Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Maternity Nursing and Child Health Nursing.
For all round development, students are encouraged to participate in Intra and Inter college competition & activities like debates, health quiz, dramatics etc, at state and national level. Students participate in health camps, health mela and National Health Programme like pulse Polio. GGSIP,University has undertaken Anti Tobacco Initiative in Collaboration with World Lung Foundation – South Asia (WLF_SA) with a vision to develop GGSIP, University and its affiliated colleges as a tobacco free model for India. Lakshmi Bai Batra College of Nursing has also joined in this venture. TFI-GGSIP, University directed the Nodal Officers to upload the clause in the official website of college.
“ As per provision of COTA 2003, tobacco consumption is strictly prohibited inside educational institutions. GGSIPU is partnering with “World Lung Foundation – South Asia to promote a tobacco free environment. As a step in that direction, use of Tobacco is banned in Lakshmi Bai Batra College of Nursing as also the sale of Tobacco products with 100 yards radius of the college premises” Action in this regard has been taken by the college.
Every year college organizes Anti Tobacco activities e.g. poster competition, declamation contest, role play etc for creating awareness among students.
It is a pride to state that our college is also one of the affiliated colleges which comes n the list of “NO TOBACCO CONSUMING”) college. Our Nodal Officer and TFB members are also guiding the students that passive smoking is more dangerous than active smoking because in passive smoking because in passive smoking we can only inhale & inhale nicotine a leading cause of Lung Cancer.
Lakshmi Bai Batra College of Nursing is an active member of ECO of Govt. Of NCT of Delhi. Various activities Tree Plantation, Debate and Poster competitions , Skit(s) etc. to promote awareness and keep environment clean and green are carried out every year.
Our feed back in the form of results obtained in the previous academic years is highly positive with cent percent first division. Six batches have graduated so far.