Mother Teresa Institute of Management MTIM About
- Supervision of Regularity and quality of teaching: – The attendance of faculty and the students is regularly supervisied. The parents of those students who were irregular in their classes are being called for discussions, for corrective action. The quality of teaching is also being assessed through independent evaluation. Corrective steps are taken whenever required.
- Assets of different departments: – These are being continuously reviewed and improved upon, as and when required.
- Maintenance of the Institute: – Separate staff for maintenance and sanitation etc. is deputed everyday to ensure complete sanitation and maintenance of all services.
- Setting of Time Tables: – Time Table is maintained and displayed on the Notice Board, before the commencement of the sessions. Change in Time Table, if any, is similarly notified.
- Arrangement of Workshops, Seminars & Group Discussions: – These are being held on various subjects from time to time.
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism for problems pertaining to teaching / non-teaching staff and students: – Continuous personal interaction is maintained with all staff members and students to understand their personal or professional problems, and to work out remedial steps wherever necessary.
Education is no longer a mere embellishment of mind; it is a social tool of complete human development, which is absolutely essential for progressive survival in terms of national needs. The Institute is ambitious of globalizing the entire approach towards system as well as the context of its education. The Institute’s vision is to produce global citizens.
The employment of people cannot be separated from the task of equipping them with fundamental skills of literacy, of articulation, and of earning livelihood.
No cultural change is possible without education, nor will education per se trigger cultural change. Facilities created for education must be contextual and relevant for the process.
Since, Information Technology is becoming indispensable in all spheres of national and international affairs, due emphasis will be laid on the multi-faceted growth and development of the students by providing them adequate opportunities and infrastructure to bring about over all social transformation through higher education.
- To cater to growing needs of the youth for professional courses.
- To promote vocational/professional education for providing better employment in the national and global market.
- To integrate higher education with IT, business, commerce, and professional services.
- To work for women empowerment through the medium of higher education.
- To lay emphasis on IT as a means of social and intellectual growth.
The Institute has set-up two air conditioned Labs, which have been continually upgraded to provide best learning environment to the students.
- The labs are provided with broadband 512 Kbps internet connectivity through VSNL, round the clock.
- The working environment in the Institute has encouraged the faculty members to upgrade their skills by participation in various programmes in other reputed institutions and within the Institute.
- Thus, there is continuity with stability, indicating better satisfaction levels in the faculty members.
- Ours was the only Institute affiliated to GGSIPU, whose faculty was invited to the International Conference on Reliability Engineering and Safety Hazards held at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai to present a research-paper on the subject.
- Ours was the only Institute affiliated to GGSIPU, which participated in the Awareness Programme for setting up a Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership held at BITS, Pilani, in collaboration with IIM Ahmedabad, SP Jain Institute of Management, Mumbai, IIT, New Delhi and INIIT Bangalore. An Entrepreneurship Development Centre is proposed to be developed in our new premises.
- The Institute along with other sponsors the International Conference on Quality & Reliability of software every three years and the last Conference was held in Dec. 2006.
Facility for Indoor and Outdoor Games
- For indoor games we have set-up a TT Room, where students play and practice Table Tennis.
- In the outdoor stadium, students are provided with a basket-ball court and a cricket pitch with arrangements for net-practice.
- Our students have participated in the matches for which we hired Tahirpur sports complex where internal sports competitions have been held.
The canteen within the campus provides wholesome food, snacks, biscuits, tea and fruit drinks etc. to the staff members and the students.
Separate common rooms and wash rooms for the boy and girl students have been provided for.
The Institute is located on the Arya Samaj Mandir Marg, Preet Vihar, with ample parking space for two wheelers and four wheelers. A separate guard has been appointed to look after the parked vehicles along the Institute’s periphery.
ty of internet facility for the students and staff of the Institute. The connection provides for unlimited downloading, uploading and browsing facilities. Wi-Fi connectivity has been provided for.
Adequate numbers of Fire Fighting Equipments have been installed in the Institute premises.
In Campus Banking Facility
There is a fully computerized branch of Punjab National Bank in the Institute campus. Students are provided zero balance savings account facility with debit card. Educational loans are also encouraged.
Mother Teresa Institute of Management Courses-: