Trinity Institute of Professional Studies About-
The Trinity Institute of Professional Studies, (TIPS) Dwarka was establised under the aegis of the Kamal Educational and Welfare Society (KEWS) with the objective of overcoming the critical demand for skilled professionals in India and abroad by nurturing intellectual capital and by adopting best practices in quality education which have been acquired by the management of KEWS during 30 years of experience of handling & managing educational institutions. The Institute offers five full time undergraduate courses, namely, BBA(G), BBA(B & I),B.Com(H), BCA and BJMC.
At Trinity, we firmly believe that career options have to keep pace with the constantly changing job market. Thus, we have focused on Commerce, Management, Journalism, Banking & Insurance and the IT Sectors, all five of which are expected to be the largest national and global employers in the future. At Trinity, we also recognize that India has the potential to provide skilled manpower, not only in India but also abroad. Thus, we focus on networking with other Institutes, the Industry, centres of Art and Culture and other Universities. We have made it our mission, to provide the maximum possible exposure to our students so as to enhance their skills and employability.
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies Vision-
To be a nationally known, reliable, innovative and effective education provider in the emerging professional disciplines.
The vision of Trinity Institute is to develop, encourage and sustain passion for learning amongst all the students at the Institute. It represents the ultimate aspirational level for KEWS and is envisioned as a dynamic, growth-oriented, world-class professional Institute, providing futuristic, capacity-enhancing career options. We aim to provide a vibrant learning environment as per changing needs of the corporate and technical sectors and to rapidly achieve global benchmarks in the disciplines of Management, Banking and Insurance, Computer Applications as well as Journalism and Mass Communication.
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies Mission-
Our core mission is to conduct market-driven undergraduate professional programmes catering to the chosen disciplines. It is our mission to provide an integrated range of academic and career options to students opting to study in our Institute. Our mission is to aid the creation of managers who understand that expertise must reach corporates, individuals as well as agriculture and the informal sector. Also encompassing our mission is the centrality of public action in the lives of the Indian citizen. We view the media and mass communication as vital instruments in creating the conditions of public action. Our mission is to empower students of mass communication with the required abilities to highlight issues of public concern, ultimately leading to their solution. The raison’de’etre behind the BCA course is obvious. It is our mission to be a part of the information and knowledge driven economy of the IT enabled age. In our planning, our mission is clearly defined in the following stages. The first stage deals with capacity creation, with the ultimate aim of setting standards for academic excellence in the beginning itself. We thus focus on space, technology, faculty and facility creation. Technological upgradation is the focus and extension of knowledge gained in the first stage is the core agenda in the second stage. Finally, we aim at consolidation of ranking on the basis of academic and professional expertise. Academic excellence will translate into research & development activities. In this stage, consolidation of industry edge and cornering the market are the focus. This multi-stage mission is the blue print for achieving our mission for Trinity Institutes. Our core ideal is to undertake all such activities which may aid in an all round development of personalities of the students enabling them to emerge out with appropriate mix of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies Courses –
|BBA(G)||I shift||60||II shift||60|
|BBA(B&I)||I shift||—||II shift||—|
|BCA||I shift||60||II shift||60|
|BJMC||I shift||60||II shift||60|
|BCom(H)||I shift||120||II shift||60|
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA-G) is a three year full time programme of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University to groom globally competitive, high quality professionals through intensive training and to sharpen skills in Business Administration with the aid of upgraded curriculum. The course has been specially designed to fulfil the needs of professionals in business. After graduation, the student can opt for higher education like MBA and all other professional courses in this field or go for employment in fields of Mutual Funds, IT industry & FMCG Industry. There is a lot of scope for self- employment as service provider.
• To understand the social, economic, political, technological and ecological environment of modern society and the values.
• To inculcate the values of business i.e. perception, patience and pride amongst students.
• To help students to develop skill of creative problem solving and enhance the understanding of business environment.
• To focus on development of analytical skills. Promote attitude required to give proactive response to changing business situations.
• To build and enhance communication and presentation skills.
• To inculcate values of integrity, justice and fairness so that students promote and maintain high ethical standards in Management.
• Curriculum design and pedagogy emphasize the application of skills and principles of Management enables the students to think creatively and develop interpersonal skills to sharpen their decision-making ability.
• Classroom teaching is complemented with guest lectures by Corporate Wizards.
• The students and the core teaching team is encouraged to interact and exchange ideas with industry leaders whether in Government, National or Multinational Corporations.
• Helps students to acquire a global perspective and gears them up to deal with the challenges of the business environment consistent with advances in Technology.
• The programme integrates the use of better insights of real life bussiness environment.
At the end of the 2nd year, IV semester, the students go for industry internship or summer training with an organization for a period of about eight to ten weeks during summer vacations. This is a compulsory component of the programme. It is designed to develop an understanding of business realities and to learn to apply theory to real life business situations. The students are required to submit the Project Report to the Institute. The Summer Internship is evaluated by the examiners appointed by the University. Viva Voice Examination is normally held in the Institute.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Banking & Insurance)
Programme and Curriculum
Bachelor of Business Administration (Banking & Insurance) [BBA(B&I)] is a three year full time programme of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University to groom globally competitive high quality professionals through intensive training and to sharpen skills in business administration with the aid of upgraded curriculum. The course has been specially designed to fulfil the needs of Banking & Insurance sectors. After graduation, the student can opt for higher education like MBA, MBA (B&I), MS (Finance) and other professional courses in this field or opt for employment in field of Banking, Insurance, Financial Services, Stock Exchanges, Share Markets, Mutual Funds, IT Industry & FMCG Industry. There is a lot of scope for self-employment.
• To produce highly competent professionals particularly for Banking & Insurance industries, ready to compete at all levels.
• To provide students an insight into the kind of career openings and enlighten them about alternative options.
• To make them technology savvy in order to enable them to respond effectively to emerging circumstances.
• Exposure Beyond Books: Special emphasis is laid on practical training of students by organizing Industrial Visits, Seminars and Guest Lectures by Corporate and Educational “Bigwigs”.
• Grooming Personal Skills: Special personality grooming exercises such as, extempore, speech, debates, group discussions, presentations, role-playing are introduced to students, which are a prerequisite for holistic development.
• Personal Mentoring by Management Gurus: The distinguished faculty members provide individual attention to the students, identify their weak areas in terms of subject and attitude and guide them to overcome their problems.
Summer Training and Project Report
The BBA (B&I) students are required to undergo 8 weeks of summer training at the end of 4th semester during June-July. The training & placement cell invites companies to give a pre-placement presentation for summer training. Sometimes leading Insurance and Banking Organizations accept students for Summer Training. These presentations are aimed at giving the student a feel of the company that they may work for. This course also requires students to prepare project reports on specific area of interest in their final year.
Trinity Institute provides a platform for creating interface between academics and the corporate world. Steps are taken to blend the best of academic knowledge and research with corporate practice on a regular basis; Trinity invites experts from academics & the industry and arranges Conferences, Seminars and Workshops & Guest Lectures for students. Regular Industrial Visits are organized for students for real world industrial exposure.
Programme and Curriculum
Bachelor of computer Application (BCA) is a three year full time programme of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University to groom globally competitive high quality professionals through intensive training and to sharpen skills in Computer Applications with the aid of upgraded curriculum. This course is designed for developing professionals for the application areas like Government and Business Sector, Scientific Research, Management, Social Sciences, Communication etc.
• To give firm understanding of Software Development.
• To bring about overall development of the students.
• To enhance the communication and interpersonal skills of the students.
• To prepare the students for higher studies.
• To develop competitiveness among the students to enhance their personality.
• The course structure emphasizes on developing a firm concept of various software advancements and prepare the students according to the need of the IT industry.
• Students are asked to go through rigorous innovative teaching methodology to stand at par with other professionals of the industry and keep abreast of the times.
• To achieve this we include, lectures, tutorials, assignments, presentations, case studies, quizzes, and IT industrial visits.
• The students also undertake several software projects based on the real life problems in the business world which encourages a strategic and global executive perspective.
At the end of the 2nd year (IV Semester), the students go for industry internship or summer training with an organization for a period of about eight to ten weeks during summer vacations. This is a compulsory component of the programme. It is designed to develop an understanding of business realities and to learn to apply theory to real life business situations. The students are required to submit the Project Report to the Institute. The summer internship is evaluated by examiners appointed by the University, the viva voce examination would normally be held in the Institute.
Programme and Curriculum
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication [BJ(MC)] is a three year full time programme of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
It prepares students for placement in Print Journalism, Radio and TV Journalism, Audio and Video Production, Digital Media and Web Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations and Corporate Communication and last but not the least, Media Management. It is an upcoming course and the college is proud to offer it since the academic session 2007-08.
• To produce journalists and media professionals who have a “nose for news” and can serve society at the same time.
• To make them technology savvy so that they respond effectively to emerging trends.
• Teaching at Trinity is highly interactive and motivating.
• Main focus is overall personality development of students and enhancement of their knowledge.
• The Teaching methodology includes lectures by Core, Visiting and Guest Faculty, Case Studies and Discussions and Field work
• Class room teaching is imparted through lectures & power point presentation
• In practical classes, students are encouraged to handle and operate audio & video equipment
• Students are trained to produce audio & video programmes with the support of in house infrastructure and equipment.
The mass communication labs at Trinity are ultra modern and are divided into Audio Lab, Voice Over (Both), Video-Lab and Audio-Video-Editing suite. Spacious, state-of-the-art, fully air-conditioned and acoustically treated labs are equipped with latest electronic equipments.
The spacious video labs have fully equipped Non-Linear Video Editing (Final Cut Pro) Lab and well established studio components, viz, Pd170 Broadcast Quality Cameras, and Hi Quality (M10,M20, Baby) Television Studio Lights.
The Audio Labs are backed by latest digital audio workstation and editing software, digital mixer, sound card, speakers, high grade professional microphones, lapel mikes, headphones, indoor & outdoor audio digital recorder and amplifiers etc.
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) [B.Com. (H)] is a three-year under-graduate programme of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, modelled to offer students with management skills and make them proficient in area of commerce. The Bachelor of Commerce is a career-oriented degree which provides a foundation in all aspects of commerce. Studying general commerce prepares graduates for a wide range of careers in the business world. This programme has been modelled along the lines of the chartered accountancy course with an emphasis on the managerial aspects.
After the completion of the B.Com (H) course, an individual can pursue a career in the following fields:
• Financial Services
• Equity Research
• Company Secretarial Practice
• Foreign Trade Practice & Procedures
Student, who wants to pursue further studies after the completion of B.Com (H), can opt for following courses:
• Masters in Commerce (M.Com)
• MBA (Master of Business Administration)
• Chartered Financial Analyst
• Chartered Accountants
• Securities law
• Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
• Actuarial Science
Each student shall undergo practical training of six weeks during the vacations after fourth semester in an approved business / industrial / service organization. This is a compulsory component of the programme. It is designed to develop an understanding of business realities where students can apply theories to real life business situations. The students are required to submit the Project Report to the Institute. The Summer Training Report shall be evaluated by an External Examiner to be appointed by the University and by an Internal Examiner.